Tuesday, August 22, 2017

TUSAL August 2017

Sharon’s It’s Daffycat blog will give you a thorough explanation of the Totally  Useless Stitch A-Long.  CLICK HERE for all the details.

My Silly Stitching Calendar says I’ve had only 14 stitching days since the last new moon – that’s because nearly every night last week, the book won out over the stitching bag.   


For some reason, I couldn’t keep from starting Little House Needleworks ornament Season’s Greetings.  I’ve switched out a couple of colors on it, the biggest difference being I’m stitching the frame in bright gold rather than off white.  


What it was designed to look like:


On Jane Turner, I’ve begun filling in the oodles of leaves on the Lady Band and have done the first color on all but one on the left side tree.  So far, they're going quickly (probably shouldn't have said that), but expect progress will slow as I add in the second color.  See the top of the tree trunk with the diagonal green and yellow stripes?  That took far too long to do.


Hope you're all having a lovely week! 



>^..^<

9 comments:

  1. I like the gold change. And I still cross my eyes looking at the work on Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes is good to bump in a small now and then, love the gold color.
    That band is a lot of work, but will be awesome when done!
    Good luck with your progress on it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the gold border on the LHN piece. Your Jane Turner is jaw dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those leaves are going to be gorgeous! The ones you've done already are . . .and I feel your pain with the stem. Love the LHN piece--soft spot in my heart for cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be so worth all the effort that is going into this gorgeous sampler! I love watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that golden yellow you've chosen for the frame, it's going to look very Christmassy.
    Great work on Jane too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress on both, Deb! I like the gold and need to get going on stitching more Christmas ornaments myself. Since my sewing machine broke, I seem to have put that in time-out since I know I can't finish them (unless I do a round or flat finish!). Maybe next month will inspire me--after all, Christmas is just four months away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the gold, any other changes?
    JT looks good, the finished leaf looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work on the jane turner piece, amazing stitching.

    ReplyDelete