Friday, July 13, 2018

TUSAL July 2018


CLICK HERE to go to Sharon’s It’s Daffycat blog to read all about the Totally Useless SAL and discover why I’m posting pictures of thread snippets, otherwise known as orts.    


The Silly Stitching Calendar says I had 11 stitching days since TUSAL check in last month.  All the orts are from Jane Turner – and that’s the last time I’ll say that!  

What I kept thinking of as not-quite-orts - threads a bit too long to really be considered orts - were tucked into one of the sections of my project thread box so I could use them when I needed to do just a small number of stitches.  I sorted through them and the ones laid out straight will be wound back onto the appropriate bobbins while the rest join Jane's other orts.



Here are ALL of Jane's orts since I started working on her in 2015.  Rats - I forgot to take a picture of them in their pretty little jar.  Oh well, they're all together in the big ort jar now.


For anyone who hasn’t already seen Miss Jane in all her glory:


Jane provided all this month’s orts because I haven’t stitched since I finished her – that’s TWO ENTIRE WEEKS!!  (*gasp*)  Besides going to work, I’ve been reading, weeding, and working on a couple house projects with Wonderful Husband. 

And trying to figure out what to stitch next.

Happy stitching, everybody, I’m so glad you stopped by to visit me today!


>^..^<

9 comments:

  1. I love Miss Jane, Deb. She is gorgeous! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a bit if Orts from 1 piece!
    Jane is beautiful.
    You should be proud of her. :)
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane is amazing and I can see why the ort jar is full. Is your next project going to be a small or large one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you do anything with your orts? Miss Jane is fabulous..can't wait to see what comes next! Do you think you'll tackle another large piece or a quick, fun stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, I am in awe of your Jane! And I'm saving your close ups for when I start mine so thank you so much for your progress posts - they are going to be a huge help. And I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when there are a lot of blue orts! I'm frugal with them. They're usually around 1-2" long; anything else is salvageable! They make great ornament stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see Jane with all her ORTS! I'm like Rosey, my ORTs are rarely longer than an inch partly because of the stitching method I use which means I can stitch right up to the last inch of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh darn, I was hoping to see your new start. :D You're like me -- don't want to waste those short pieces. I like to use my thread down to the nubbin. I hope you get Jane framed soon. She is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give me a minute while I pick my jaw up off the floor! Miss Jane is absolutely stunning!! I'm sorry it's been so long since I stopped by to visit, but so glad I did today to see her! I'll be waiting to see what you'll stitch next!!

    ReplyDelete