Saturday, December 3, 2016

TUSAL - November 2016

What’s a TUSAL? Check Sharon’s It’s Daffycat blog HERE for an explanation of the Totally Useless Stitch Along.

Was doing really well with my plan to stitch every day in November until I got to the stage of Ack! I have to clean and cook and get ready for Thanksgiving! And the Dreaded Cold from work caught me right around the same time so no stitching since the 18th. Bleah.

I'm late, but here are my November orts (and yes, you do indeed see fuzzy short frogged bits):


Progress on Jane:


And a closer look at Band 8.


Doing the double running for this band is fun because it's so tall which makes it feel like it's growing fast. But for some reason I'm having trouble counting two threads diagonally (How crazy is that? I mean, it's only the most basic thing about stitching on linen - yeesh.), so there's been a fair amount of reverse stitching on the parts that look like a chain. When that part's done, the outlining on the rest of the band should fly.

Maybe I can sneak in one or two stitching evenings this month, even if it is December.


>^..^<

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed. I see hundreds of places where my errors would make that band lean to the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you are over your cold. I know, sometimes I have trouble counting diagonally, too - lol! Great progress, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice. I can count diagonallt, but my patience would give out long before the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blackwork section does look lovely despite the plague of frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching your progress on this beautiful sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are working on a beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete