Monday, February 4, 2019

TUSAL February 2019

CLICK HERE to go to Sharon’s It’s Daffycat blog to read all about the Totally Useless SAL and discover why I’m posting pictures of thread snippets, otherwise known as orts.    
  
The Silly Stitching Calendar for 2019 says that I’ve had 14 stitching days since the last TUSAL check in, and this netted a nice little pile of orts … including the tiny, crinkly tell tales of frogging.


Still working on Catherine Theron’s 1840 Town House Sampler.  I’ve made several changes – some intentional, others unplanned.  The frogged snippets were one of those unplanned changes that I was going to leave in, but the more I stitched, the more out-of-place the color looked.  I had changed the lighter green since the supplied color didn’t show up on the linen, and had put all the candidates away before realizing the simple dividing bands use the same color.  Not paying enough attention, I grabbed the wrong color and didn’t realize it until the first two dividers were stitched.  Sigh.


Happy stitching to you!  I’m so glad you stopped by to visit me today!



>^..^<

9 comments:

  1. Well I think your sampler looks beautiful Deb so I'm guessing you picked the perfect green. This will be a real beauty when you are done. Have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of orts there, I'm guessing your stitching mojo is back. The sampler looks lovely I hate replacing colours as I'm always worried my choice will clash further down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty! Bummer about having to frog though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hate the frogging had to happen--but love the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice progress on this pretty sampler, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That border is beautiful and isn't it always a relief when they come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the frog. :(
    This is a beautiful piece, looks great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete