Wednesday, March 6, 2019

TUSAL March 2019


CLICK HERE to go to Sharon’s It’s Daffycat blog to read all about the Totally Useless SAL and discover why I’m posting pictures of thread snippets, otherwise known as orts.    

How can it be TUSAL day already?  I was thinking there was another week to go and nearly missed it!  The Silly Stitching Calendar says that I’ve had 15 stitching days since the last TUSAL check in, and I have two piles of orts to show off.


I’ve finished Catherine Theron’s 1840 Town House Sampler, but have plenty to say about it and think it deserves its own post - hopefully in a day or two.  The larger batch of orts belongs to that sampler.

The tiny bunch of orts (I don’t think qualifies as a pile, really) is from Season’s Greetings, a Little House Needleworks ornament that’s been sitting neglected for maybe a year.  The other night I finished the frame and had worked one section of the branch, delighted with how quickly it was going ... and then realized it was in the wrong place (hello, frog).  This should finish up quickly, but I really want to figure out what larger piece to work on next before it's done.


Happy stitching everyone – thanks for stopping by!


>^..^<

7 comments:

  1. Hate when the frog comes to visit, hopefully you didn't get too far. Looking forward to hearing about Catherine's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so it's your turn for the frogs this week! I've been watching them jump around from blog to blog quite a bit recently and think we should all agree it's about time they hopped off into the wilderness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabric are you using for the LHN stitch? I like how the gold thread looks on it. Sorry you had to do some frogging. I can't wait to see the sampler you stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the frog stays away now

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Silly Stitching Calendar" needs a post too ahaha! I try to keep track of crafting days, but fail miserably. Maybe if we doodle frogs in our calendars, they will stay there and not in projects!

    ReplyDelete