Jane Turner’s band 8 is finished! (happydance!)
Well, it’s aactually been finished for about a week and a half – have done a bit of respite stitching on an easy project and am now back to working on Jane. Just didn’t have enough oomph to post. Someone else said something very similar in the last week and I really meant to comment…. I blame my lethargy on springtime!
Now I need to ask you all – when your chart and the photo of what you’re stitching disagree, which do you tend to follow? See the blue and the cream satin stitches filling in the links of that chain thing? Chart said all sections were to be blue but in the finished sampler in the photo provided with the kit, the stitcher definitely alternated the blue and cream.
The only photos I’ve been able to find of the original sampler don’t provide enough detail to let me know whether Jane used one color or two (aside: not really sure why I worry – periodically - about accurately reproducing what Jane did since I’ve changed several colors [one of them twice] and also elected to stitch one section so it fulfilled my penchant for symmetry rather than having the left and right sides be different colors). But considering the number of errors I’ve found in the chart, I decided to use both the blue and cream.
Okay, I’ll admit that I also thought it would look better if not all those bits were blue.